Thursday 4 April 2013

CD Goings-on as Menston Discs Arrive!

My office hasn't known what's hit it this week. The world's smallest workhouse, Skerratt Media H.Q., also known as My Bedroom (to passers-by), is now drowning under a sea of shiny Menston Green CDs. For those out of the loop, the production is a radio comedy starring former Doctor Who Colin Baker, and the estimable Wink Taylor, (Basil Brush's personal assistant!)

The Menston invasion has begun!
Interestingly, these CDs are not going to be sold on my website. In fact, they're not going to be sold anywhere! (I'm not a hoarder, in case you were wondering...) Nay - these discs are going to be used for promotional purposes, given away to friends, family, sworn enemies, and hopefully strangers. The CDs will act as living, breathing adverts for the production and for Skerratt Media, as a pamphlet or blog can only say so much, and I want Menston Green to speak for itself.

So I'm going to start shipping these out to unsuspecting members of the public over the course of this week, starting with the cast! (That's right - nobody's safe!!) And then to magazines to see if they're interested in reviewing it, (realistically, so they can put it on their desk and forget about it), and then to the local press to see if they'd like to run a feature of some sort, (realistically, so they can put it on their desk and forget about it), and then to the BBC, (who, realistically, will point me in the direction of the FAQ page on their website, so I can put my request to them in 300 characters or less, like a slightly laid-back version of Twitter.)

Ooh the bitterness! Haha. No, I'm not bitter. Such a waste of energy, bitterness. But I am persistant!

Anyway, I only have a limited number of these, so if anyone would like a copy for the purposes of reviewing or featuring, please get in contact with me via my website.

Of course, to the casual listener, Menston Green is still available as an MP3 download for a very respectable £3, and can be found here.

"May the Force be long and prosper!" - Dale Delaney, Menston Green

No comments:

Post a Comment