Friday 28 September 2012

Skerratt Media Teams Up with Theo the Mouse

I love puppets. They always do what you tell them, their comedy timing is impeccable, and they can shave thousands off your project's catering budget.

Theo the Mouse, aided by Wink Taylor, pictured here
with his human stage chum Wendy Abrahams.
So when Wink Taylor and Wendy Abrahams asked me if I'd like to direct and film their latest DVD project - for their puppet pal Theo the Mouse - I leapt at the chance. And trust me, that's the sign of something good. Very rarely do producery types like me "leap." We normally creep towards things, cautiously, with our specs on. But this was a no-brainer.

How to describe Theo the Mouse? Wink pitched him to me as a "cross between Sooty and Sweep" - someone with Sweep's big heart, but obvious dim-wittedness, and Sooty's quiet, but cheeky, 'know-all' demeanour. He's into slapstick, terrible puns, and delights in winding up his 'assistant' Wendy to tremendous comedy effect.

All this - and more - will be packaged into a fun-filled DVD consisting of three Theo the Mouse episodes, to be released towards the end of 2012. The final, shiny version will be available through my website, www.skerratt-media.co.uk, and at Theo the Mouse live shows.

Check out the video below to see Theo and Wendy in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment